This is an Archive Page from a Previous Event
Please click on the calendar items from the menu bar
to find the current event listing.
2017 Family Night - Diner Drop-In & Poker Run
LOCATIONS and CHECKPOINTS are:
Jimmy's Classic Drive-in, Ric's Corvette Bar & Grille, Climate City Brewing, Dairy Queen South, and Sonic Drive-In!
Thu, Jul 27th, 2017 6:00 pm
until 8:00 pm
Grab the family and cruise to several local diners for food and music! Poker Run to finish downtown with 50s music, prizes and awards!
Grab the family and cruise along with a variety of classic cars to several local diners for food, music and prizes!
Poker Run Starts at 6pm and Ends at 8pm (go to the Towne Center Plaza at 8pm to see who wins!)
This is the 6th Annual Poker Run and it just gets better every year. Grants Pass has some of the best diners, drive-ins and grills -- five of them are part of our fun and classic poker run! Jimmy G's Classic Drive In, Ric's Corvette Bar & Grill, Climate City Brewing, Dairy Queen South, Sonic (and maybe a surprise new stop!).
After patronizing the diners and completing your "Poker Hands" the event finishes in the Active Home Furnishings parking lot at Towne Center Plaza with 50s music, a plethora of prizes and cash awards!
How This Poker Run Works - the Rules
1. Have fun!
2. Respect our Volunteers!
3. Drive Safely!
4. One card per person per run.
5. You may sign up at any of the participating locations during the actual Poker Run time.
6. Poker Run Cards cost $5 each.
7. At each stop you must present and hand your Poker Run Card form to the TCA table BEFORE selecting from the deck of playing cards.
8. After selecting a card from the deck of playing cards you must return it to the deck.
9. ENSURE your name and contact information is on your Poker Run Card.
10. You must be present at the After Party to win from your Poker Run Card. If your card would have been a winner, but you are not present, then the next highest winning card will get the prize. All decisions by the judges are final.
11. The Time for the Poker Run is from 6:00pm - 8:00pm.
12. Completed Poker Run Cards must be turned in immediately upon completion of your run. Any Poker Run Cards turned in after 8:25pm risk being excluded from the event (ie: disqualified).
13. ** ANY CARD THAT APPEARS TO BE ALTERED OR TAMPERED WITH WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE JUDGES. ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. NO ARGUMENTS.
14. After completing a full poker run you may purchase another card and start again until the end of the event.
The After Party will be located at the Towne Center Plaza Main Stage next to Oregon Futbol Academy.
About Winning and Prizes:
Poker Run is a 50-50 payout with five winners.
With the purchase of a Poker run Card you get one raffle ticket for prizes.
- Jimmy's Classic Drive-In
- Rick's Corvette Bar and Grill
- Climate City Brewing
- Dairy Queen South
- Sonic (between the Sonic and Abby's Pizza parking lot on Union Avenue)
+ [Maybe a surprise new stop!]
Poker Run Terms & Regulations
* All registrants must be 18 years old or older. Families are encouraged to participate but the registrant must be an adult, 18 years old or older.
* Only one game card allowed per registrant.
* Registrants and participants may begin their "run" at any of the participating locations listed on the Poker Run game card.
* Poker Run competition shall begin promptly at 6:00pm and end promptly at 8:00pm. All participants should meet at the announcement location at 8:00pm. Registrants must be on-hand to claim any winnings, prizes or recognition. Game cards must be complete, legible, unaltered and turned in to judges NLT 8:25pm or participant is disqualified.
* Any available winnings, prizes and/or recognition will be announced separately.
* All award and participant decisions will be made by the judges, including ties and/or tie breakers, allocation of any winnings or prizes, or other related decisions. Decisions by the judges are final.
* All participant drivers are required to have current insurance, license and be fully legal to drive in the State of Oregon, specifically in Josephine County.
* All participants should be patient, be courteous, willing to have fun, willing to enjoy good food and participate in a positive "neighborly" manner.
Frequently Asked Questions:
* What is the Diner Night & Poker Run?
This event was created as a family event for our community. It is open to all families regardless of having a classic car. We have some wonderful diners in our community. We want to encourage everyone to get back to the days where families went to their local diners and had a meal with their family. By combining this with a poker run we give these families the opportunity to see some of our classic cars in action. It is essentially an opportunity for us to cruise our classic cars around town and get some great food along the way.
* Do I have to have a classic car to participate?
No, the poker run is open to everyone! We encourage families to come out to our local diners and have a meal. Join the poker run and run alongside some of the most beautiful classic cars in the northwest.
* Where do I sign up?
You can purchase a Poker Run Card at any poker run location on the day of the event starting at 6:00 pm. This allows you to start from any location you choose. Poker Run Cards cost $5 each.
* Is there a limit to how many cards we can play?
One card per person is allowed. (example: if you have four people in your car you can get up to four cards per run!) You can play more than once by purchasing additional cards after you finish your first run.
* Where do we meet after the Poker Run Ends?
At 7 pm 50s music will start at the Towne Center Plaza Main Stage location. There will be a limited amount of Classic Car parking in that lot. When you are done with your run just head on downtown and hang out with your friends. At 8:15 pm the raffle drawings will start and soon thereafter announce the winners of the poker run!
* What are the Poker Run Prizes?
The Poker Run is a 50-50 payout of the participation. It pays five places and the percentages are listed on your poker run card.
For more information contact: Christie
TCA Office 541-476-5773
<< Back to calendar list page -
Email this page to a friend